In one of this month’s Dharma talks, Gabrielle Bonneville discussed a variety of techniques and tips for merging art and entrepreneurship, and how to turn your passion into your vocation.
Gabby, is the co-founder of the Momentom Collective, life coach, and yoga teacher; and has been through her own journey of manifesting her dream and vision into reality. Now hosting artist residencies all over the world, bringing people together to co-work, co-live, co-train, and co-create. This beautiful woman is a powerhouse of energy, focus and insight. With an uncanny ability to empower others in stepping into their highest potential; while also holding a space of reverence, sincerity and sacredness.
So, how do we even begin to create something from nothing? How do you go about manifesting your wildest dreams into reality? How do you move forward when you’re in that grey zone, the space between what was and what will be? When you know where you’re trying to get to but are not quite sure how to get there?
ART |INTUITIVE CREATIVE FORCE THAT GIVES US PURPOSE.
ENTREPRENEUR |RESPECTING ONES PASSION SO MUCH THAT WE WANT TO MAKE IT INTO A LIFELONG THING.
1. IDENTIFY PASSION
- What excites you?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is that fire within that’s about more than just money?
- What do you value? Lifestyle, people, task, work environment.
- What does the world need?
- Where is there a void in the world that you can do what you’re passionate about, and add value to the rest of the world?
- Create an industry for yourself
- Make a list of what are your personal /business skills.
- Make a list of what you are passionate about.
- Feel free to ask others for insight.
- Is essential.
- Only do what you really want to do and enjoy doing, you can outsource the rest.
- Find team members that have a like-minded vision but the skills that you are lacking.
- Get unstuck and get yourself out in the world.
- Inform people of what they need and want.
4. SHIFT IN MINDSET
Belief triggers thoughts, which results in words and actions, which in turn creates our reality; therefore, mindset is so important.
You can monetize your passion, it’s not “just a passion project”.
What is your relationship with money? Shift into an abundance mindset. (Recommended reading: You are a badass at making money by Jen Sincero).
Instead of using the statement “I am abundant” which reinforces the idea that we currently are not abundant, instead use “I am MORE abundant”. This can be used for any mindset shift statement.
5. OTHER TIPS
- Unwavering determination.
- Be real. Put your passion at the forefront every single day.
- Network. Go to events with likeminded people.
- Trust your intuition.
- We all have this infinite potential within
- There is no plan B
- Be a big thinker.
- Prioritize embodiment
- Surround yourself with the right people (it’s ok to be selective!)
- Envision your future clearly, how does it look like and feel?
- Talk about your plans and dreams as if they already exist.
- Stay informed about emerging industries and where they’re going (ie. Cryptocurrencies and virtual realities)
- Network within emerging industries, so as to be available for creating and being part of new ideas.
- Who knows how they might be useful in the future.
- Hire a coach
- Imagine being one of your ideal clients, and put yourself in their shoes. What are you looking for and how do you go about looking for it?
- Low frequency emotions result in a scattered mind. High frequency emotions result in focus and clarity.
- Inspiration and passion are the biggest kick in the butt. Listen to them and act upon them
- The more energy and focus we put toward something, the more it becomes our reality.
- Never doubt.
Imagine yourself 5 years from now talking to a friend about the past 5 years of your life. What would you be saying? What have you achieved? How do you feel?
TIPS ON CREATING
- Be in the space between beliefs and thoughts, thoughts and words…?
- Remember you are part of a collective consciousness
- Invest in yourself. What you value appreciates. Put money in and it comes back.
- When you’re manifesting, give it time. Ie. One year.
- Be authentic and weird.
- Your potential is limitless. You are only confined by the walls you build.
TIPS ON BUSINESS
- Create a true authentic brand. Share all of it, even your insecurities.
- Outsource where necessary, even virtual assistants can be awesome!
- Do business with your best friends.
- Allow for your business to be as awesome and as fun as your life wants to be, so it’s not hard work. Whereby, your life becomes your business and your business becomes your life, in the best possible way.
- Money mindset. Money is amazing and nurturing. Show gratitude when money comes in and for when it allows you to buy awesome things and experiences.
- You are in control of your story, become an awesome story teller.
- Invest in markets. If your friend is starting an awesome new project, invest in it!
- Write out your vision clearly.
You are a badass at making money by Jen Sincero
Elite Minds by Stan Beecham